Great Lakes Congress, Inc., is a 501c3 educational charity created to teach youth about horses and horsemanship, using model horses. We hold regularly scheduled shows throughout the year, as well as special youth days and seminars. The public is welcome to attend any of our events. See our pull-down menu for more information about specific programs.
What does “No Frills” mean? This series of shows does not have the fanfare of the larger shows. For example, prize ribbons are recycled, donated from shows past. But while not as fancy, the are still NAN-qualifying shows and a lot of fun.
This educational series was created in order to promote and encourage interest in the study of horses, the hobby of model horses, and to provide individuals the opportunity of improving or developing their skills in model horse judging. Join us for some fun, friendly and fierce competition, and an opportunity to meet new people as well as renew old friendships. Please join us at the Huntley Park District, Huntley, Illinois, for the upcoming No Frills 2017 Schedule: February 25 (Morning — Swap Meet); March 11 (No Frills), April 8 (All-Mini Show); August 26 (No Frills plus Workmanship); October 21 (No Frills plus Plastic Collectibility); December 2 (Holiday Party, No Frills and China Collectibility).
We welcome visitors to come see our shows, learn about our mission, and shop our many vendors, including a dedicated Breyer dealer. Come join us!!
Visit our No Frills Shows page for more info!
GLC SWAP MEET and ANNUAL MEETING — Saturday, February 25, 2017
SWAP MEET — 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
• We are hosting a Swap Meet for members and non-members. Bring your friends! We will post on Facebook and the GLC Yahoo list. You are also encouraged to help spread the word.
• This event is FREE, but space is limited! You will need to bring your own table or display shelves.
• If you’d like to be a seller, please register no later than February 10, 2017 by emailing us at email@example.com
ANNUAL MEMBER MEETING — Noon – 3:00 PM
- Members, please join us as we celebrate another great year!!
- Looking to join? Go to “Our Organization,” then “Become a Member.” Memberships renew each January 1. Please join us!!
- Potluck — GLC will provide sandwiches and chips. Attendees are asked to bring a dish to pass. Side or dessert will be assigned closer to the date.
- We will have our annual Election, Volunteer Recognition, Member of the Year, Shower of the Year, Appreciation Raffle and more!!
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2017.
LOCATION: DEICKE PARK COMMUNITY ROOM, 11419 IL-47, HUNTLEY, IL
• Brown building just inside Deicke Park, visible from Rte 47, and just south of the Huntley Park District building.
• Door is to the far left as you face the building.
• Radio station is on the right, we are on the left!